Senior Living in 20689 (Sunderland, MD)
- 20689 scores the same as the Sunderland, MD average of 82.
- 20689 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20689 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Calvert Memorial Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Calvert Memorial Hospital Transitional Care Unit, Calvert County Nursing Center, and Fields of Favor.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 64 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Twin Shields Golf Club, Old South Country Club, and Robin Dale Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Breezy Point Beach & Campground and Kings Landing Park).
- There are 30 churches nearby, including First Lutheran Church, All Saints Episcopal Church, and Bayside Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.72% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.70% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $118,053, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $111,389, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,696, which is in the top 19% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.32%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 20689 has a sparse population density of 217.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.68%.