Senior Living in 20695 (White Plains, MD)
- 20695 scores the same as the White Plains, MD average of 81.
- 20695 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20695 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Civista Medical Center and Civista Health).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Abby Manor, Annette\'s Place, and Peaceful Life Assisted Living, Carrington.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 93 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 33 golf courses nearby, including White Plains Regional Park & Golf Course, Hawthorne Country Club, and Potomac Ridge Golf Links.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Myrtle Grove Wildlife Management Area and Chapel Point State Park).
- There are 65 churches nearby, including Laplata Church of Christ, Redeeming Life Ministries International, and South Potomac Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.75% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $103,112, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $94,570, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $37,000, which is in the top 11% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.88%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 20695 has an average population density of 537.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.69%.