Senior Living in 20705 (Beltsville, MD)
- 20705 scores the same as the Beltsville, MD average of 79.
- 20705 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20705 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Laurel Regional Medical Center, Adventist Rehab Hospital, and Saint Luke Institute.
- There are 121 senior living facilities in the area, including Serendipity In Beltsville, Monique\'s Home Assisted Living, and Golden Touch Care.
- There are 17 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 250 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 66 golf courses nearby, including Gunpowder Golf Club, Cross Creek Golf Club, and Paint Branch Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Dinosaur Park, Baltimore Washington Parkway, and Greenbelt Park.
- There are 164 churches nearby, including Queens Chapel United Methodist, Lutheran Church of the Abiding, and Abiding Presence Lutheran Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $91,302, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $76,971, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,272, which is in the top 16% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.40%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 20705 has a dense population density of 1,654.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.62%.