Senior Living in 20706 (Lanham, MD)
- 20706 scores the same as the Lanham, MD average of 76.
- 20706 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20706 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Doctors\' Community Hospital, Prince Georges Hospital Center, and Gladys Spellman Spec Hosp.
- There are 118 senior living facilities in the area, including Angel Assisted Living, Miracle Hands Assisted Living, and Able Hands Health Care Services.
- There are 18 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 25 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 252 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 65 golf courses nearby, including Glenn Dale Country Club, Country Club At Woodmore, and Enterprise Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Greenbelt Park, Baltimore Washington Parkway, and Fox Hill Recreation Center.
- There are 246 churches nearby, including Ss Miinistries, First Baptist Church-Glenarden, and Seabrook Seventh Day Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $79,183, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $67,580, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,661, which is in the top 33% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.19%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 20706 has a dense population density of 3,733.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.58%.