Senior Living in 20707 (Laurel, MD)
- 20707 has a SeniorScore® of 75, which is the 4th highest of any zip code in Laurel, MD.
- 20707 scores lower than the Laurel, MD average of 77.
- 20707 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20707 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Laurel Regional Medical Center and Adventist Rehab Hospital).
- There are 95 senior living facilities in the area, including Morningside House of Laurel, Integrated Health Care, and Patuxent River Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 159 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 63 golf courses nearby, including Cross Creek Golf Club, Gunpowder Golf Club, and Patuxent Greens Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Dinosaur Park, Baltimore Washington Parkway, and Patuxent Research Refuge.
- There are 103 churches nearby, including Saint Mary of the Mills Church, First Baptist Church, and Bethany Community Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $91,360, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $76,109, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,782, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.98%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 20707 has a dense population density of 2,827.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.91%.