Senior Living in 20712 (Mount Rainier, MD)
- 20712 scores the same as the Mount Rainier, MD average of 79.
- 20712 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20712 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 17 hospitals nearby, including Providence Hospital, Hospital For Sick Children, and Medlink Hospital & Nursing Ctr.
- There are 148 senior living facilities in the area, including Unity Home, Malta House, and NMS Healthcare of Hyattsville.
- There are 37 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 78 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 622 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (17% of the total population).
- There are 65 golf courses nearby, including Langston Golf Course & Driving Range, Rock Creek Park Golf Course, and Paint Branch Golf Course.
- There are 24 parks nearby, including United States National Arboretum, Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens, and Anacostia Park.
- There are 984 churches nearby, including St James Catholic Church, St John\'s Episcopal Church, and Mt Rainier Christian Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,692, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,866, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,212, which is in the top 35% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.38%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 20712 has a very dense population density of 12,354.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 73.72%.