Senior Living in 20715 (Bowie, MD)
- 20715 has a SeniorScore® of 78, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Bowie, MD.
- 20715 scores lower than the Bowie, MD average of 79.
- 20715 scores the same as the Maryland average of 78.
- 20715 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 67 senior living facilities in the area, including Caring Hearts Assisted Living II, A.C.E. Assisted Living, LLC, and Cridge Homecare Assisted Living, LLC.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 120 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 51 golf courses nearby, including Bowie Golf & Country Club, Crofton Country Club, and Walden Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Fox Hill Recreation Center, Allen Pond Park, and South Bowie Community Center.
- There are 116 churches nearby, including Cresthill Baptist Church, Sacred Heart Catholic Church, and Grace Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $110,713, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $102,588, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $37,142, which is in the top 11% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.83%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 20715 has a dense population density of 1,815.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.73%.