Senior Living in 20721 (Bowie, MD)
- 20721 has a SeniorScore® of 81, which is the highest of any zip code in Bowie, MD.
- 20721 scores higher than the Bowie, MD average of 79.
- 20721 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20721 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Prince Georges Hospital Center, Gladys Spellman Spec Hosp, and Doctors\' Community Hospital.
- There are 74 senior living facilities in the area, including Springtime Home IV, Collington Episcopal Life Care, and SureHealth Senior Living.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 173 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including Lake Arbor Country Club, Enterprise Golf Course, and Country Club At Woodmore.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Watkins Nature Center, Watkins Regional Park, and Allen Pond Park.
- There are 160 churches nearby, including Mt Oak United Methodist Church, Woodstream Church, and Largo Community Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $142,692, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $128,681, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $49,725, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.11%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 20721 has a dense population density of 1,618.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.86%.