Senior Living in 20722 (Brentwood, MD)
- 20722 scores the same as the Brentwood, MD average of 83.
- 20722 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20722 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 16 hospitals nearby, including Hospital For Sick Children, Providence Hospital, and Medlink Hospital & Nursing Ctr.
- There are 147 senior living facilities in the area, including Unity Home, Home Away From Home, and Washington Center For Aging Services.
- There are 36 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 74 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 562 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 63 golf courses nearby, including Langston Golf Course & Driving Range, Rock Creek Park Golf Course, and Paint Branch Golf Course.
- There are 16 parks nearby, including Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens, United States National Arboretum, and Anacostia Park.
- There are 948 churches nearby, including First Baptist Chr of Brentwood, Emmanuel Church of Pentecost, and 7Th Day Pentecostal Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $62,727, which is in the top 40% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,103, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,819, which is in the top 71% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.49%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 20722 has a dense population density of 3,882.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 66.11%.