Senior Living in 20723 (Laurel, MD)
- 20723 has a SeniorScore® of 81, which is the highest of any zip code in Laurel, MD.
- 20723 scores higher than the Laurel, MD average of 77.
- 20723 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20723 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Laurel Regional Medical Center, Clifton T Perkins Hosp Center, and Howard County General Hospital.
- There are 82 senior living facilities in the area, including Cr Care of Bondmill, Integrated Health Care, and Aastoria I.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 183 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (16% of the total population).
- There are 66 golf courses nearby, including Gunpowder Golf Club, Cross Creek Golf Club, and Fairway Hills Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Robinson Nature Center, Dinosaur Park, and Blandair Park.
- There are 96 churches nearby, including Emmanuel United Methodist Chr, Action Worship Center, and Action Worship Center.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.44% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.93% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $121,390, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $103,230, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $42,783, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.23%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 20723 has a dense population density of 2,205.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.57%.