Senior Living in 20724 (Laurel, MD)
- 20724 has a SeniorScore® of 78, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Laurel, MD.
- 20724 scores higher than the Laurel, MD average of 77.
- 20724 scores the same as the Maryland average of 78.
- 20724 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Clifton T Perkins Hosp Center and Laurel Regional Medical Center).
- There are 66 senior living facilities in the area, including St. Teresa\'s Residence, Cherry Lane Nursing Center, and Hearthomes at Piney Orchard.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 100 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (15% of the total population).
- There are 62 golf courses nearby, including Courses At Fort Meade, The -Parks, Patuxent Greens Country Club, and Gunpowder Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Patuxent Research Refuge, Dinosaur Park, and Baltimore Washington Parkway.
- There are 65 churches nearby, including Agama Kelli, Resurrection Roman Catholic, and Mt Zion United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $95,034, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $84,063, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $37,482, which is in the top 11% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.81%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 20724 has a dense population density of 2,007.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.80%.