Senior Living in 20737 (Riverdale, MD)
- 20737 scores the same as the Riverdale, MD average of 73.
- 20737 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20737 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Doctors\' Community Hospital, Prince Georges Hospital Center, and Gladys Spellman Spec Hosp.
- There are 81 senior living facilities in the area, including Abundant Care Assisted Living I, Ameristar Assisted Living, Inc., and Golden Age Assisted Living.
- There are 23 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 207 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (14% of the total population).
- There are 54 golf courses nearby, including Paint Branch Golf Course, University Of Maryland Golf Course, and Glenn Dale Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Greenbelt Park and Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens).
- There are 188 churches nearby, including Fkpc-English Ministry, St John Evangelical Lutheran, and St Bernards Roman Catholic.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $75,743, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,090, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,360, which is in the top 44% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.52%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 20737 has a dense population density of 4,996.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 64.03%.