Senior Living in 20742 (College Park, MD)
- 20742 has a SeniorScore® of 64, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in College Park, MD.
- 20742 scores significantly lower than the College Park, MD average of 73.
- 20742 scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20742 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 59 senior living facilities in the area, including Angel Assisted Living/college Park, Caring Cove Assisted Living, and ManorCare Health Services - Adelphi.
- There are 17 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 59 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (0% of the total population).
- There are 41 golf courses nearby, including University Of Maryland Golf Course, Paint Branch Golf Course, and Sligo Creek Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 58 churches nearby, including Hope Christian Ctr, Trinity Baptist Church, and Hillandale Baptist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has a per capita income of $2,382, which is in the top 100% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.95%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 20742 has a very dense population density of 10,551.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.