Senior Living in 20743 (Capitol Heights, MD)
- 20743 scores the same as the Capitol Heights, MD average of 76.
- 20743 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20743 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Prince Georges Hospital Center, Gladys Spellman Spec Hosp, and Medlink Hospital & Nursing Ctr.
- There are 109 senior living facilities in the area, including Chesi Care, Rita\'s Adult Home Care I, and Rita\'s Adult Care Home II.
- There are 23 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 37 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 247 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 61 golf courses nearby, including Langston Golf Course & Driving Range, Andrews Afb Golf Course -East, and Country Club At Woodmore.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens, Anacostia Park, and United States National Arboretum.
- There are 527 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church-Fairmont, Faith Baptist Church, and Iconium Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,067, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,772, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,749, which is in the top 33% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.40%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 20743 has a dense population density of 3,969.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.36%.