Senior Living in 20745 (Oxon Hill, MD)
- 20745 scores the same as the Oxon Hill, MD average of 73.
- 20745 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20745 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including United Medical Center, Hadley Memorial Hospital, and St Elizabeths Hospital.
- There are 50 senior living facilities in the area, including At Home Away From Home, Mike-William Assisted Living Facility , and BridgePoint Hospital Hadley Campus.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 123 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 37 golf courses nearby, including Tantallon Country Club, Henson Creek Golf Course, and Ft. Mcnair Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Carlyle House, Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority, Lee-Fendall House Museum and Garden, and Fort Foote Park.
- There are 140 churches nearby, including St Columba Rc Rectory, St Paul United Methodist Chr, and Oxon Hill United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $69,596, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $58,842, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,760, which is in the top 33% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.40%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 20745 has a dense population density of 4,400.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.50%.