Senior Living in 20748 (Temple Hills, MD)
- 20748 scores the same as the Temple Hills, MD average of 71.
- 20748 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20748 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Malcolm Grow Medical Center, United Medical Center, and Hadley Memorial Hospital.
- There are 52 senior living facilities in the area, including Canterbury House Assisted Living, Phase II Living LLC Assisted Living Facility, and Corkan House Assisted Living.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 122 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 39 golf courses nearby, including Andrews Afb Golf Course -East, Henson Creek Golf Course, and Tantallon Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 182 churches nearby, including Hillcrest Baptist Church, Carolina Missionary Bapt Chr, and Cornerstone Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $76,866, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $64,542, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,826, which is in the top 19% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.78%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 20748 has a dense population density of 4,272.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.72%.