Senior Living in 20754 (Dunkirk, MD)
- 20754 scores the same as the Dunkirk, MD average of 77.
- 20754 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20754 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Nu-concept Home Finding, Nu Concept Home Finding, and Wellness Assisted Living.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Twin Shields Golf Club, Old South Country Club, and Marlton Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary, Adventure Bound Camping Resorts - Washington DC, and Kings Landing Park.
- There are 48 churches nearby, including Growing Up A Witness, Dunkirk Baptist Church, and Friendship United Methodist.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.72% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.70% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $125,863, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $106,181, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $42,529, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.44%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 20754 has a sparse population density of 412.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.63%.