Senior Living in 20755 (Fort George G Meade, MD)
- 20755 scores the same as the Fort George G Meade, MD average of 79.
- 20755 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20755 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Clifton T Perkins Hosp Center).
- There are 58 senior living facilities in the area, including BWF Place, Hearthomes at Piney Orchard, and Morningside House of Friendship.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (2% of the total population).
- There are 58 golf courses nearby, including Courses At Fort Meade, The -Parks, Patuxent Greens Country Club, and Timbers At Troy, The.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Patuxent Research Refuge and Washington DC / Capitol KOA).
- There are 55 churches nearby, including Asbury United Methodist Church, Hurte Robert T, and Bethel Assembly of God.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,398, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,467, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,773, which is in the top 72% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.54%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 20755 has an average population density of 1,116.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 98.83%.