Senior Living in 20759 (Fulton, MD)
- 20759 scores the same as the Fulton, MD average of 90.
- 20759 scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20759 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Howard County General Hospital, Laurel Regional Medical Center, and Adventist Rehab Hospital.
- There are 126 senior living facilities in the area, including Total Assisted Living Home, Aastoria I, and Country Gardens Assisted Living, Inc..
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 256 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 77 golf courses nearby, including Fairway Hills Golf Club, Hobbit\'s Glenn Golf Club, and Hampshire Greens Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Robinson Nature Center, Blandair Park, and Dinosaur Park.
- There are 159 churches nearby, including St Francis of Assisi Church, Ammlung Cathy, and St Paul\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.44% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.93% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $186,129, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $162,721, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $58,864, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 20759 has an average population density of 529.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.17%.