Senior Living in 20762 (Andrews Air Force Ba, MD)
- 20762 scores the same as the Andrews Air Force Ba, MD average of 86.
- 20762 scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20762 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 8 hospitals nearby, including Malcolm Grow Medical Center, Southern Maryland Hospital Center, and Fort Washington Hospital.
- There are 89 senior living facilities in the area, including StarCare Partners - District Heights, Hannah\'s Heart Inc., and Family Plus Assisted Living 2.
- There are 14 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 30 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 273 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (2% of the total population).
- There are 62 golf courses nearby, including Andrews Afb Golf Course -East, Marlton Golf Club, and Marlboro Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Rosaryville State Park, Cheltenham Wildlife Management Area, and Clearwater Nature Center.
- There are 438 churches nearby, including Greater Works Ministries, Epiphany Episcopal Church, and Church of Christ.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $75,141, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,045, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,018, which is in the top 41% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.19%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 20762 has an average population density of 504.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.82%.