Senior Living in 20769 (Glenn Dale, MD)
- 20769 scores the same as the Glenn Dale, MD average of 90.
- 20769 scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20769 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Doctors\' Community Hospital, Prince Georges Hospital Center, and Gladys Spellman Spec Hosp.
- There are 137 senior living facilities in the area, including Heartland Personal Care Home, Abundant Care Assisted Living II, and Bethel Assisted Living Homes 1.
- There are 17 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 369 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 70 golf courses nearby, including Glenn Dale Country Club, Country Club At Woodmore, and Enterprise Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Fox Hill Recreation Center, Baltimore Washington Parkway, and Allen Pond Park.
- There are 342 churches nearby, including Glenn Dale United Methodist, Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, and St George\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $138,423, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $123,460, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $46,162, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.01%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 20769 has an average population density of 859.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.59%.