Senior Living in 20770 (Greenbelt, MD)
- 20770 scores the same as the Greenbelt, MD average of 79.
- 20770 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20770 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Doctors\' Community Hospital and Saint Luke Institute).
- There are 136 senior living facilities in the area, including Greenbelt Assistance In Living Program, Magnolia Center, and Dynamic Care.
- There are 23 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 246 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (18% of the total population).
- There are 64 golf courses nearby, including Paint Branch Golf Course, University Of Maryland Golf Course, and Glenn Dale Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Baltimore Washington Parkway, Greenbelt Park, and Dinosaur Park.
- There are 198 churches nearby, including St Hugh\'s Rectory, Holy Cross Lutheran Church, and Greenbelt Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $74,469, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,327, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,698, which is in the top 19% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.32%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 20770 has a dense population density of 3,063.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.30%.