Senior Living in 20772 (Upper Marlboro, MD)
- 20772 has a SeniorScore® of 74, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Upper Marlboro, MD.
- 20772 scores lower than the Upper Marlboro, MD average of 75.
- 20772 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20772 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Malcolm Grow Medical Center).
- There are 49 senior living facilities in the area, including House of Joseph, Fairday Assisted Living, and Golden Manor.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 89 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 50 golf courses nearby, including Marlboro Country Club, Marlton Golf Club, and Andrews Afb Golf Course -East.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Rosaryville State Park, Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary, and Adventure Bound Camping Resorts - Washington DC.
- There are 90 churches nearby, including Antioch Baptist Church, Cornerstone Peaceful Bible, and Fellowship Baptist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $112,620, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $100,336, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $41,733, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.67%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 20772 has an average population density of 595.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.40%.