Senior Living in 20774 (Upper Marlboro, MD)
- 20774 has a SeniorScore® of 76, which is the highest of any zip code in Upper Marlboro, MD.
- 20774 scores higher than the Upper Marlboro, MD average of 75.
- 20774 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20774 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Prince Georges Hospital Center and Gladys Spellman Spec Hosp).
- There are 72 senior living facilities in the area, including New Horizon Assisted Living, Woodmore House Assisted Living, and Springtime Home IV.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 97 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 48 golf courses nearby, including Enterprise Golf Course, Lake Arbor Country Club, and Country Club At Woodmore.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Watkins Nature Center, Watkins Regional Park, and South Bowie Community Center.
- There are 85 churches nearby, including Ridgely Church-God in Christ, Riverside Baptist Church, and Shiloh Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $104,189, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $95,807, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,041, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.05%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 20774 has an average population density of 1,238.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.41%.