Senior Living in 20776 (Harwood, MD)
- 20776 scores the same as the Harwood, MD average of 90.
- 20776 scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20776 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Anne Arundel Medical Center and Anne Arundel Medical Center).
- There are 65 senior living facilities in the area, including Country Home Ltd, Rutherford Manor, and Brightview South River.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 198 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 48 golf courses nearby, including South River Golf Links, Renditions Golf Grand Slam Experience, and Old South Country Club.
- There are 10 parks nearby, including Adventure Bound Camping Resorts - Washington DC, Historic London Town & Gardens, and South Bowie Community Center.
- There are 200 churches nearby, including Chews Memorial United Methodist Church, International House of Prayer, and New Journey Community Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $131,984, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $101,691, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $43,425, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.21%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 20776 has a sparse population density of 145.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.37%.