Senior Living in 20779 (Tracys Landing, MD)
- 20779 scores the same as the Tracys Landing, MD average of 82.
- 20779 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20779 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Country Home Ltd, Nu Concept Home Finding, and Nu-concept Home Finding.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including Twin Shields Golf Club, Old South Country Club, and South River Golf Links.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary and Adventure Bound Camping Resorts - Washington DC).
- There are 29 churches nearby, including Friendship United Methodist, Mayes Robert A, and Cedar Grove United Methodist.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $103,240, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $86,136, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $44,300, which is in the top 6% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.34%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 20779 has a sparse population density of 182.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.28%.