Senior Living in 20782 (Hyattsville, MD)
- 20782 has a SeniorScore® of 72, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Hyattsville, MD.
- 20782 scores higher than the Hyattsville, MD average of 71.
- 20782 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20782 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 8 hospitals nearby, including Washington Adventist Hospital, Providence Hospital, and Hospital For Sick Children.
- There are 108 senior living facilities in the area, including Sacred Heart Home, Independence Court of Hyattsville, and L and L Personal Care Home.
- There are 32 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 237 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 55 golf courses nearby, including Rock Creek Park Golf Course, Paint Branch Golf Course, and University Of Maryland Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including United States National Arboretum, Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens, and Greenbelt Park.
- There are 336 churches nearby, including University Christian Church, University Park Church-Christ, and Triumphant Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $76,605, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,598, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,322, which is in the top 31% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.00%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 20782 has a dense population density of 7,204.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 73.90%.