Senior Living in 20783 (Hyattsville, MD)
- 20783 has a SeniorScore® of 67, which is the 5th highest of any zip code in Hyattsville, MD.
- 20783 scores lower than the Hyattsville, MD average of 71.
- 20783 scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20783 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Saint Luke Institute, Washington Adventist Hospital, and Holy Cross Hospital.
- There are 106 senior living facilities in the area, including ManorCare Health Services - Adelphi, Caring Cove Assisted Living, and Angel Assisted Living/college Park.
- There are 24 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 208 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (15% of the total population).
- There are 50 golf courses nearby, including University Of Maryland Golf Course, Paint Branch Golf Course, and Sligo Creek Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Greenbelt Park)..
- There are 175 churches nearby, including Hillandale Baptist Church, Trinity Baptist Church, and Metropolitan Seventh Day.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,407, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,267, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,333, which is in the top 68% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.03%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 20783 has a dense population density of 7,903.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 54.57%.