Senior Living in 20794 (Jessup, MD)
- 20794 scores the same as the Jessup, MD average of 76.
- 20794 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20794 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Clifton T Perkins Hosp Center).
- There are 58 senior living facilities in the area, including Where We Live Assisted Living Home, Lorien Elkridge, and New Life Assisted Living I.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 135 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (15% of the total population).
- There are 64 golf courses nearby, including Timbers At Troy, The, Courses At Fort Meade, The -Parks, and Gunpowder Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Blandair Park)..
- There are 74 churches nearby, including Hurte Robert T, Bethel Assembly of God, and Asbury United Methodist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.44% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.93% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $96,956, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $83,077, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,255, which is in the top 75% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.21%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 20794 has an average population density of 1,380.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 74.14%.