Senior Living in 20812 (Glen Echo, MD)
- 20812 scores the same as the Glen Echo, MD average of 95.
- 20812 scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20812 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including National Naval Medical Center, Warren G Magnuson Clin Ctr, and Suburban Hospital.
- There are 130 senior living facilities in the area, including Bartholomew House, Sunrise at Fox Hill, and Cottage at Curry Manor.
- There are 43 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 26 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 357 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 78 golf courses nearby, including Burning Tree Club, Congressional Country Club -Gold, and Bethesda Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Clara Barton National Historic Site, Glen Echo Park, and Woodend Sanctuary.
- There are 199 churches nearby, including St Dunstan\'s Church, Pilgrim Lutheran Church, and Fourth Presbyterian Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.18% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $160,442, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $135,417, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $63,168, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.73%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very poor water quality.
- 20812 has an average population density of 1,328.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.