Senior Living in 20814 (Bethesda, MD)
- 20814 has a SeniorScore® of 82, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Bethesda, MD.
- 20814 scores lower than the Bethesda, MD average of 85.
- 20814 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20814 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Suburban Hospital, National Naval Medical Center, and Warren G Magnuson Clin Ctr.
- There are 104 senior living facilities in the area, including Carriage Hill Bethesda, Springhouse Manor Care, and Maplewood Park Place.
- There are 15 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 232 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 62 golf courses nearby, including Columbia Country Club, Chevy Chase Club, and Burning Tree Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Woodend Sanctuary, Glen Echo Park, and Clara Barton National Historic Site.
- There are 91 churches nearby, including North Bethesda United Meth Chr, Christ Lutheran Church, and St Luke\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.18% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $164,146, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $108,369, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $78,303, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.11%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very poor water quality.
- 20814 has a dense population density of 5,428.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.47%.