Senior Living in 20837 (Poolesville, MD)
- 20837 scores the same as the Poolesville, MD average of 88.
- 20837 scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20837 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Inova Loudoun Hospital and Piedmont Behavioral Hlth Ctr).
- There are 55 senior living facilities in the area, including Leisure World Clubhouse West, West Falls Center at Falcons Landing, and Falcons Landing.
- There are 17 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 225 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 91 golf courses nearby, including Poolesville Golf Course, Island Course at Lowes Island Club at Cascades, and Algonkian Regional Park Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including McKee-Beshers Wildlife Management Area, Claude Moore Park, and Dranesville Tavern Park.
- There are 101 churches nearby, including Our Lady-Presentation Catholic, St Peter\'s Parish, and Our Lady of Presentation.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.18% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $121,917, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $101,667, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $42,999, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.29%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very poor water quality.
- 20837 has a sparse population density of 136.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.92%.