Senior Living in 20838 (Barnesville, MD)
- 20838 scores the same as the Barnesville, MD average of 96.
- 20838 scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20838 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Inova Loudoun Hospital and Piedmont Behavioral Hlth Ctr).
- There are 61 senior living facilities in the area, including Catherine\'s House, Next Help Place, and Buckingham\'s Choice.
- There are 13 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 173 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 85 golf courses nearby, including Four Streams Golf Club, Little Bennett Golf Course, and Poolesville Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Heaters Island Wildlife Management Area, Temple Hall Farm Regional Park, and McKee-Beshers Wildlife Management Area.
- There are 100 churches nearby, including St Mary\'s Catholic Shrine, Am Kolel Sanctuary, and St Mark\'s United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.18% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $192,073, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $126,806, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $67,406, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very poor water quality.
- 20838 has a very sparse population density of 95.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.