Senior Living in 20861 (Ashton, MD)
- 20861 scores the same as the Ashton, MD average of 90.
- 20861 scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20861 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Montgomery General Hospital Inc, Adventist Rehab Hospital, and Laurel Regional Medical Center.
- There are 141 senior living facilities in the area, including Evergreen Eldercare, Friends House Retirement Community, and Brooke Grove Retirement Village.
- There are 14 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 240 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 78 golf courses nearby, including Hampshire Greens Golf Course, Trotters Glen Golf Course, and Indian Spring Country Club -Chief.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Robinson Nature Center and Brookside Gardens).
- There are 179 churches nearby, including Ashton United Methodist Church, Emmanuel Seventh-Day Adventist, and Seventh-Day Adventist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.18% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $168,887, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $136,838, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $68,009, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.79%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very poor water quality.
- 20861 has a sparse population density of 488.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.