Senior Living in 20877 (Gaithersburg, MD)
- 20877 has a SeniorScore® of 69, which is the 5th highest of any zip code in Gaithersburg, MD.
- 20877 scores significantly lower than the Gaithersburg, MD average of 78.
- 20877 scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20877 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Shady Grove Adventist Hospital and Potomac Ridge).
- There are 49 senior living facilities in the area, including Asbury Methodist Village, Kindley Assisted Living at Asbury Methodist Village, and Wilson Health Care Center.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 142 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including Needwood Golf Course -Main, Montgomery Village Golf Club, and Lakewood Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 73 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church, St Martin\'s Catholic Community, and Church of the Ascension.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.18% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $81,358, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,286, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,073, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.69%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very poor water quality.
- 20877 has a dense population density of 5,962.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.25%.