Senior Living in 20878 (Gaithersburg, MD)
- 20878 has a SeniorScore® of 76, which is the 4th highest of any zip code in Gaithersburg, MD.
- 20878 scores lower than the Gaithersburg, MD average of 78.
- 20878 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20878 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Shady Grove Adventist Hospital and Potomac Ridge).
- There are 58 senior living facilities in the area, including Tranquil Loving Care, Nightingale House, and BethanyLiving 1.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 184 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 69 golf courses nearby, including Bretton Woods Golf Course, Lakewood Country Club, and Montgomery Village Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 95 churches nearby, including Chinese Alliance Church, St Rose of Lima Rectory, and Poplar Grove Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.18% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $137,825, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $112,841, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $50,241, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.41%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very poor water quality.
- 20878 has a dense population density of 2,856.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.69%.