Senior Living in 20879 (Gaithersburg, MD)
- 20879 has a SeniorScore® of 77, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Gaithersburg, MD.
- 20879 scores lower than the Gaithersburg, MD average of 78.
- 20879 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20879 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Montgomery General Hospital Inc, Shady Grove Adventist Hospital, and Potomac Ridge.
- There are 61 senior living facilities in the area, including Sunshine Home Care, Sunrise at Montgomery Village, and Montgomery Village Health Care Center.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 179 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (18% of the total population).
- There are 62 golf courses nearby, including Montgomery Village Golf Club, Needwood Golf Course -Main, and Blue Mash Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 96 churches nearby, including Inter-Denominational Church, Montgomery Faith Fellowship, and Church of the Redeemer.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.18% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $99,040, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $85,909, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,765, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.10%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very poor water quality.
- 20879 has a dense population density of 3,175.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.18%.