Senior Living in 20882 (Gaithersburg, MD)
- 20882 has a SeniorScore® of 80, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Gaithersburg, MD.
- 20882 scores higher than the Gaithersburg, MD average of 78.
- 20882 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20882 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Montgomery General Hospital Inc).
- There are 47 senior living facilities in the area, including Laytonsville Estate, Sycamore Acres Group Home I, and Sycamore Acres Group Home II.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 114 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 70 golf courses nearby, including Blue Mash Golf Club, Laytonsville Golf Club, and Montgomery Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Patuxent River State Park)..
- There are 88 churches nearby, including St Paul United Methodist Chr, Tri-County Baptist Chr, and Gaithersburg Church-Nazarene.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.18% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $163,770, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $138,951, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $52,735, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.20%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very poor water quality.
- 20882 has a sparse population density of 364.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.13%.