Senior Living in 20886 (Montgomery Village, MD)
- 20886 scores the same as the Montgomery Village, MD average of 67.
- 20886 scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20886 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in the area, including Sunrise at Montgomery Village, Montgomery Village Health Care Center, and Montgomery Village Health Care Center.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 64 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 47 golf courses nearby, including Montgomery Village Golf Club, Needwood Golf Course -Main, and Laytonsville Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 33 churches nearby, including Christ the Servant Lutheran, Covenant United Methodist Chr, and Kehilat Shalom.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.18% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $98,109, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $78,776, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $36,391, which is in the top 12% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.64%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very poor water quality.
- 20886 has a dense population density of 7,079.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.41%.