Senior Living in 20896 (Garrett Park, MD)
- 20896 scores the same as the Garrett Park, MD average of 97.
- 20896 scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20896 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Suburban Hospital, Warren G Magnuson Clin Ctr, and National Naval Medical Center.
- There are 147 senior living facilities in the area, including Arden Courts of Kensington, Brighton Garden Tuckerman Lane, and Dulce Hogar.
- There are 23 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 32 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 356 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 73 golf courses nearby, including Woodmont Country Club -North, Columbia Country Club, and Chevy Chase Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Woodend Sanctuary, Brookside Gardens, and Glen Echo Park.
- There are 200 churches nearby, including Iglesia Apostole Y Profetaf, Ccm Fe Y Alabanza, and First Baptist Church Kengar.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.18% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $180,176, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $131,250, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $65,381, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.28%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very poor water quality.
- 20896 has a dense population density of 3,668.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 98.81%.