Senior Living in 20901 (Silver Spring, MD)
- 20901 has a SeniorScore® of 77, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Silver Spring, MD.
- 20901 scores higher than the Silver Spring, MD average of 75.
- 20901 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20901 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Saint Luke Institute, Holy Cross Hospital, and Washington Adventist Hospital.
- There are 119 senior living facilities in the area, including Good Samaritan Assisted Living, Apple Blossoms Assisted Living Services, and J\'rose Assisted Living Homes.
- There are 23 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 218 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 55 golf courses nearby, including Sligo Creek Golf Course, Columbia Country Club, and Chevy Chase Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Brookside Gardens and Woodend Sanctuary).
- There are 164 churches nearby, including Burnt Mills Seventh Day Church, Luther Rice Memorial Baptist, and Southern Nation Seventh Day.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.18% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $107,362, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $89,258, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,349, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.46%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very poor water quality.
- 20901 has a dense population density of 6,468.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.38%.