Senior Living in 20904 (Silver Spring, MD)
- 20904 has a SeniorScore® of 76, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Silver Spring, MD.
- 20904 scores higher than the Silver Spring, MD average of 75.
- 20904 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20904 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Adventist Rehab Hospital, Saint Luke Institute, and Laurel Regional Medical Center.
- There are 139 senior living facilities in the area, including La Famila III, Fairland Center, and Atrium Stonecrest Home.
- There are 20 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 313 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 63 golf courses nearby, including Sligo Creek Golf Course, Hampshire Greens Golf Course, and Indian Spring Country Club -Chief.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Brookside Gardens and Dinosaur Park).
- There are 240 churches nearby, including Colesville Baptist Church, Igreja Bapista Nacoes Unidas, and Washington Spanish Seventh Day.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.18% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $93,770, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $68,444, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,400, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.86%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very poor water quality.
- 20904 has a dense population density of 3,988.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.25%.