Senior Living in 20906 (Silver Spring, MD)
- 20906 has a SeniorScore® of 69, which is the 7th highest of any zip code in Silver Spring, MD.
- 20906 scores lower than the Silver Spring, MD average of 75.
- 20906 scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20906 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 97 senior living facilities in the area, including Porter House of Care, Bel Pre Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Aspenwood Senior Living Community.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 71 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 48 golf courses nearby, including Indian Spring Country Club -Chief, Leisure World Golf Club, and Argyle Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Brookside Gardens)..
- There are 72 churches nearby, including Aspen Hill Christian Church, Georgia Avenue Baptist Church, and Viers Mill Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.18% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $86,456, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $69,396, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,306, which is in the top 16% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.45%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very poor water quality.
- 20906 has a dense population density of 5,353.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.31%.