Senior Living in 20912 (Takoma Park, MD)
- 20912 scores the same as the Takoma Park, MD average of 66.
- 20912 scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 20912 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Washington Adventist Hospital and Walter Reed Army Med Center).
- There are 62 senior living facilities in the area, including Sligo Creek Center, Carroll Group Home, and Joye Assisted Living.
- There are 17 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 43 golf courses nearby, including Rock Creek Park Golf Course, Sligo Creek Golf Course, and Paint Branch Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 41 churches nearby, including Sligo Seventh Day Adventist, Takoma Park Adventist Church, and Bright Light Baptist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.18% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $86,619, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,841, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,066, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.35%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very poor water quality.
- 20912 has a very dense population density of 9,277.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.53%.