Senior Living in 21010 (Gunpowder, MD)
- 21010 scores the same as the Gunpowder, MD average of 84.
- 21010 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21010 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Franklin Square Hospital Center).
- There are 57 senior living facilities in the area, including Higher Living, Nichols Senior Care, and Wright\'s Enterprise II.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 176 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (9% of the total population).
- There are 54 golf courses nearby, including Mountain Branch Golf Course, Aberdeen Proving Ground -Ruggles, and Rocky Point Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Marshy Point Nature Center, Hart-Miller Island State Park, and YMCA Camp Tockwogh.
- There are 93 churches nearby, including St Stephen Rc Church, Prince of Peace Church, and Fountain of Life Fellowship.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.86% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $102,362, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $68,333, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,220, which is in the top 57% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21010 has a very sparse population density of 20.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.