Senior Living in 21012 (Arnold, MD)
- 21012 scores the same as the Arnold, MD average of 82.
- 21012 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21012 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Anne Arundel Medical Center and Anne Arundel Medical Center).
- There are 45 senior living facilities in the area, including FutureCare Chesapeake, Riva Terrace V, and Riva Terrace 3.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 140 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 30 golf courses nearby, including Bay Hills Golf Club, Severna Park Golf Center, and Sherwood Forest Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Jonas Green Park, Maryland State Parks, and William Paca House & Garden.
- There are 146 churches nearby, including Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, Temple Beth Sholom, and Church of Christ Annapolis.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $126,630, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $104,488, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $47,650, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.82%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21012 has a dense population density of 2,183.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.94%.