Senior Living in 21014 (Bel Air, MD)
- 21014 has a SeniorScore® of 75, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Bel Air, MD.
- 21014 scores lower than the Bel Air, MD average of 76.
- 21014 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21014 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Upper Chesapeake Medical Center).
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including Bel Air Assisted Living, Bel Air Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Brightview Avondell.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 112 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Winters Run Golf Club, Maryland Golf & Country Clubs, and Mountain Branch Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Harford Glen Park and Cedar Lane Park).
- There are 35 churches nearby, including Bel Forest Baptist Church, Calvary Baptist Church, and St Margarets Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.86% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $97,097, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $83,744, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $36,820, which is in the top 12% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.14%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21014 has a dense population density of 2,559.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.29%.