Senior Living in 21015 (Bel Air, MD)
- 21015 has a SeniorScore® of 78, which is the highest of any zip code in Bel Air, MD.
- 21015 scores higher than the Bel Air, MD average of 76.
- 21015 scores the same as the Maryland average of 78.
- 21015 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Upper Chesapeake Medical Center and Harford Memorial Hospital).
- There are 25 senior living facilities in the area, including Bel Air Health and Rehabilitation Center, Bel Air Assisted Living, and Lorien Bel Air.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 159 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 33 golf courses nearby, including Maryland Golf & Country Clubs, Winters Run Golf Club, and Wetlands Golf Club, The.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Cedar Lane Park, Harford Glen Park, and Palmer State Park.
- There are 85 churches nearby, including Church of the Nazarene, Emmorton Baptist Church, and Oak Grove Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.86% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $116,149, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $98,818, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $41,657, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.66%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21015 has an average population density of 897.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.05%.