Senior Living in 21034 (Darlington, MD)
- 21034 scores the same as the Darlington, MD average of 85.
- 21034 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21034 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Harford Memorial Hospital, Va Maryland Health Care Syst, and Upper Chesapeake Medical Center.
- There are 22 senior living facilities in the area, including Churchville Meadows, Conowingo Veterans Center, and Liberty Garden Elderly Care.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 115 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 33 golf courses nearby, including Bulle Rock Golf Club, Golf & Country Club Of Swan Creek, and Geneva Farm Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Palmer State Park, Susquehanna State Park, and Cedar Lane Park.
- There are 72 churches nearby, including Church of God of Prophecy, Conowingo Baptist Church, and Harford Jewish Ctr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.86% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $78,636, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $71,500, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,416, which is in the top 31% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.93%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21034 has a sparse population density of 134.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.33%.