Senior Living in 21042 (Ellicott City, MD)
- 21042 has a SeniorScore® of 80, which is the highest of any zip code in Ellicott City, MD.
- 21042 scores the same as the Ellicott City, MD average of 80.
- 21042 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21042 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Howard County General Hospital and Taylor Manor Hospital).
- There are 68 senior living facilities in the area, including Encore at Turf Valley, Abundant Life Assisted Living, and Greenway Manor Assisted Living.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 98 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 55 golf courses nearby, including Turf Valley Resort & Conference Center -East, Waverly Woods, and Hobbit\'s Glenn Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Patapsco Female Institute and Blandair Park).
- There are 54 churches nearby, including Jehovah\'s Witnesses, Baltimore First Seventh Day, and St John\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.44% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.93% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $158,034, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $136,795, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $54,901, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.74%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 21042 has an average population density of 1,015.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.81%.